Triathlete Membership for Brogborough Lake for 2013
Membership runs from April 1st to March 31st. No refunds can be given.
Triathletes may use the lake when there are no windsurfers on it or at the discretion of the lake managers. Early morning is the best time as Windsurfers are not noted as early risers. So, most mornings are free before 9am
You can only swim in the lake if there are at least two of you; solo swimming is strictly forbidden!
Triathalon membersip for Brogborough lake can be obtained from:
Boxfit Triathlons Club, speak to Dave Coard
Or Team MK, speak to Graham Mackie
For more info Contact Us
Only members can swim in the lake
MEMBERSHIP IS NOT ISSUED WITHOUT INSURANCE COVER Minimum two Million
Insurance benefits included in the individual membership fee in respect of Triathlon England, triathlon Scotland and Welsh Triathlon (the Home Nation Associations) is summarised as follows:
This recognises that any individual member who joins a Home Nation Association could be found negligent in their duty to participants, spectators, facility providers or the public and as a result be held legally liable for an accident, injury or damage to property or individuals.
Individual members must be insured for Public Liability to a limit of £5 million per case. This includes claims arising from triathlon activities at home or abroad. Individual members are insured while training for and/or competing in the sporting activities of triathlon, duathlon and related multi-sport activities which are formed from a combination of swimming, cycling and running
During the days when the Clubhouse is closed, individuals may swim in the lake provided that:
1. They are a full members of Brogborough Boardsailing Club Triathlon section.
2. There are two or more Triathletes in the water.
3. The administrator and any staff shall not be liable to any member, or to any person using the Club premises or property for or by any act, neglect, default or negligence of any administrator servant employee or agent of the club.
4. All such persons afore said using the club lake or property of the Club or making use of any of the conveniences or facilities provided shall be deemed to do so at their own risk.
5. All persons leaving their Vehicles on the premises do so at their own risk
6. All participants must only swim in the centre of the lake avoiding all the banks (except in emergency). At no times disturbing any fishermen.
7. Participants may train in the lake Early morning (before 9 am) and at times when the Lake managers gives permission (such as days when there is no wind)
8. Swimming is strictly not permitted when there are windsurfers on the water.